Tuesday 17 January 2012

i'm going to lose myself in...

André Kertész is one of my favourite photographers and I love watching his photos over and over again.  On my recent visit to the 'Eyewitness' photography exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art in London I saw number of my favourite photos by him, including 'Martinique', the hypnotising silhouette of a man standing behind the balcony glass.
I am also looking forward to my visit to the Hungarian city, Kecskemet next week.  Kecskemet, where the Hungarian Museum of Photography based and Kertész's 'Fotografías' exhibition displayed until 28 August.  It is by chance I will be in Hungary on an 'official family visit' so I feel very fortunate to catch another exhibition by him during my 2-week stay.  I expect spending long hours in the museum while losing myself in his, and other Hungarian photographers' work.
What can I say...once again I  am  e x c i t e d..!



Eyewitness Hungarian Photography in the 20th Century (30 June—2 October 2011): http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/hungarian-photography/

Hungarian Museum of Photography: http://fotomuzeum.hu/en

No comments:

Post a Comment